Kaleen provides a one-year limited repair or replacement warranty. Kaleen warrants to the initial purchaser and original seller that its carpets will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the date of delivery to the original seller. This is a limited warranty and contains specific exclusions and limitations. Liability and exclusive remedy of Kaleen under this warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement. Kaleen total liability shall not exceed the invoice amount to the original seller. Please check with your local dealer for any other specifics.
However, all handmade rugs are unique by nature. Slight variances in color and design are common as they are each unique works of art. Because of these unique characteristics sizes may also vary slightly.
All stated sizes are approximations. In addition, some situations occur over time and could affect your rug’s appearance that is normal and not covered under warranty. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Due to the use of natural fibers and dyes, color and texture may vary slightly from one rug to another.
- Roll marks caused by rolling the rug for shipment are normal and will disappear with routine vacuuming.
- High rows can occur during shipping as well. This will disappear after a few weeks.
- Shedding and pilling is normal for new rugs, especially those with cut piles. This will decrease significantly with routine vacuuming.
- Matting and crushing can occur in all rugs, especially in high traffic paths. Regular and proper maintenance help to minimize these characteristics.
- Highlighting, shading, and watermarking are caused by the reversal or bending of carpet fibers so that light is either absorbed or reflected from the surface.
- Occasional sprouting, pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber is normal. Simply trim the tuft with sharp shears and vacuum.
- Ridges or rows may develop in high-traffic areas.
- Excluding our Indoor/Outdoor products, prolonged exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, or certain atmospheric gases may cause color changes.
- Wet areas, like bathrooms, may cause texture and color changes due to humidity and exposure to chemicals such as chlorine.
- Rugs recently removed from a bag may have a slight odor. This will dissipate in a few days. Placing the rug in direct sunlight for 24 hours will aid in the dissipation.
Routine care and cleaning are vital to maintaining the long-term durability and appearance of your rug. For maximum appearance retention, rotate your rugs every 3-6 months. Keep your rug out of direct sunlight as much as possible. With the exception of our Indoor/Outdoor products that have been UV protected, rugs in direct sunlight will fade over time.
WARNING: Attempting to clean your rug with any of the following including but not limited to hot water extraction, carpet shampooing, or commercial aerosol foam products intended for broadloom carpet may permanently damage your rug and will void your warranty. Excessive exposure to water must be avoided with all-natural fiber rugs.
Minor spills on Kaleen Rug & Broadloom with the exception of our hand-processed Jute, Tensil or Viscose products may be restored by first scraping off any food or debris with a dull instrument. Then mix a very small amount of dish soap with a cup of cold water. With a clean sponge and your soap mixture, gently remove the remainder of the stain.
Avoid using excessive water. Blot the area with a dry cotton towel or white paper towel and allow to dry thoroughly. However, for best results, professional cleaning is always recommended.
- Natural fiber rugs such as wool should be professional cleaned to remove more stubborn stains.
- Jute textured rugs are extremely sensitive to moisture and humidity. It is recommended that these rugs be professionally cleaned if it becomes necessary.
- Tensil/Viscose Rugs & Broadloom are also extremely sensitive to moisture & humidity. Under no circumstances should these products coming contact of water as discoloration will occur.
- Synthetic fiber rugs made from materials such as Olefin, Polypropylene or Nylon can be cleaned with common household cleaners such as Fantastic or Formula 409 to remove more stubborn stains and/or grease.
- Rugs manufactured to be Indoor/Outdoor can accept a periodic over-all cleaning by spraying a mixture of soap and water over the entire rug and then thoroughly rinsing with a garden hose.