ORDERS & STATUS
- Orders needs to be placed via email/fax your orders will arrive automatically via email
- In-stock item order placed on Kaleen.com by 3pm EST should ship within 2 Business days
- Once an order has been released for shipping it cannot be cancelled. Please refer to our returns policy for additional details.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Cancellation is confirmed only when Kaleen notifies that the order has been canceled via email.
- Cancellation requests require:
- Customer #
- Item # (if only some items are being canceled in an order with multiple items)
- PO #
PLEASE INSPECT ALL SHIPMENTS TO ENSURE CONTENTS MATCH PACKING LIST/BILL OF LADING (SIGNING THE BILL OF LADING CONFIRMS YOUR RECEIPT OF ITEMS SHIPPED)
- Kaleen shops for the best shipping carrier to ensure the most cost effective and efficient rates available. Most orders ship regular parcel ground service unless deemed to be non-parcel based upon the order size or shipping characteristics; additional charges apply for expedited service. Freight rates are calculated based on weight, dimensions, ship location (residential/non-residential), and quantity, rather than on a percentage of invoice amount.
- Freight Quotes are good for 24 hours and are for business deliveries. Any additional services such as residential delivery, lift gate carry off, or white glove service requested by you, or your customer will be charged to your account and your responsibility to pay. it is your responsibility to give us correct shipping information when requesting a freight quote.
- All shipments that require special service at the time of delivery (Lift Gate, Inside Delivery, etc.) will incur additional charges. Kaleen will process orders based on the requirements placed by the customer.
- All Expedited Freight must be paid in advance of shipping
- All items ship immediately based on availability unless you have requested the order to ship only when all items are available.
- If you have a preferred carrier, please notify us and specify whether we should use your 3rd party account # or Ship Collect.
- All shipments may be subject to additional fees and charges during or after shipment based on final charges assessed as necessary to complete delivery. These charges will be billed to the customer.
- All P.O. Box and APO shipments must be less than 70 lbs. and 5 feet in length for rugs and ship USPS. Otherwise, orders will be held up to confirm shipment to physical address.
- International Shipping: We require a 3rd party account # to ship internationally and outside of the contiguous United States. Any charges billed to Kaleen will be charged back to the customer.
RETURNS & CLAIMS – RUGS & BROADLOOM
Kaleen stands behind every product it sells with a goal of 100% satisfaction for you the customer. Should you not be happy with your purchase for any reason you can return it by calling for authorization.
**All returns require a RETURN AUTHORIZATION number to ensure fast processing and refund. Any item received without a return authorization number will not be eligible for a full refund of the purchase price nor for any applicable freight charges.
- Return Authorizations can be obtained by calling toll free 888-452-5336 ext. 209 or by email at [email protected]
- Three attempts are made by freight carriers for free pick up, IF a product isn’t available for pick up, additional charges incurred by Kaleen shall be charged back to the customer.
- All returns must be re-packaged in a manner like how it was received. Reasonable care must be taken to ensure the merchandise is packaged in a way to avoid damage while in transit back to us. If you need a repackage kit, please contact us [email protected] to receive one in the mail.
- The Return Authorization number must be visible and legible on the outer packaging for fast identification. Illegible or missing return authorization information will delay and could void any refund or credits due. For your protection, always retain copies of any tracking information you receive.
- Return Authorizations are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue. If the merchandise is not returned within thirty (30) days, the Return Authorization shall be cancelled, and it will be presumed the merchandise is being kept and you accept responsibility for payment in full.
While Kaleen’s quality control is the most stringent in the industry, we do recognize that from time to time, manufacturing defects do occur. In those instances, returns are accepted with no re-stocking fee. Also, the return shipping fee is waived provided proper return authorization has been issued and applied to each return. Call 888- 452-5336 ext. 209 or e-mail to [email protected] to request a Return Authorization. Please note, that upon return, if the specified defect cannot be found and documented, the return will be subject to a 15% restocking fee for rugs and a 25% restocking fee for broadloom, plus applicable freight charges. You may be asked to provide pictures of the defect to avoid the possibility of a restocking charge.
Visible Freight Damage:
If freight damage is visible at the time of delivery, please refuse to accept delivery and notify Kaleen’s claims department immediately (888-452-5336 ext. 209. or via e-mail at [email protected]). The freight company will be contacted, and a claim will be filed by Kaleen’s claims department. If an item is refused due to freight damage, a credit will be issued once the claim has been resolved with the freight carrier
Concealed Freight Damage:
If any freight damage was not visible at the time of delivery, please notify the Kaleen claims department (888-452-5336 ext. 209 or via e-mail at [email protected]) immediately upon discovering the concealed damage but no later than five (5) business days of delivery. We will issue a return authorization and contact the freight company for immediate pick-up. If an item is refused due to freight damage, a credit will be issued once the claim has been resolved with the freight carrier
Change of Heart for Rugs Only:
We all have experienced moments where items look perfect on the showroom floor but after getting home, we had a change of heart. We at Kaleen want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase; therefore, Kaleen will honor any change of heart returns and/or exchanges within thirty (30) days of purchase. Change of heart returns cannot be accepted after thirty (30) days of purchase. Please note, returns for reasons other than damage or defect will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and all applicable freight charges. Contact Kaleen’s customer returns at 888-452-5336 ext. 209 or via e-mail at [email protected] for a return authorization number. All returns must be re-packaged in either its original packaging or in a manner like how it was received. Reasonable care must be taken to ensure the merchandise is packaged in a way to avoid damage while in transit back to us. We cannot accept COD packaging.
Due to the nature of Handmade Broadloom once a cut from the roll has been made (if applicable) returns are not accepted unless for manufacturing defect. Please see the complete terms & conditions for the purchase of Broadloom material.
Once we’ve received your return at our warehouse, it will take an additional 5 days to process your refund. Any Credits issued will be applied to the invoice it is written against. If the invoice has been paid, we ask that you use the credit memo within 60 days of it being issued. If the credit is not issued within the time frame, please ask for reimbursement in writing. OR email [email protected]
SAMPLE RETURN POLICY: Rugs Only
- 2’x3’ rugs ordered as samples may be returned in 30 days of invoice with a return authorization for full credit. Non-sample returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The customer is responsible for all freight costs.
- All merchandise must be accompanied by a RA#. Returns will be honored within 7 business days of receipt of merchandise.
- Not paying bills on time may result in:
- Your account (and outstanding orders) being placed on “hold.”
- Losing term privileges will result in re-applying for terms/credit
- Checks, wire transfers, ACH transfers money orders are accepted, however all major credit cards are accepted with a nominal credit card fee
- A $50 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- A $15 charge will be applied when a credit card is not on file.
- Failure to meet agreed upon terms may result in a 1.5% monthly service charge on total receivables due or an annual percentages rate of 18% or the maximum allowable by law- whichever is greater.
MADE TO ORDER ITEMS
- Minimum 50% deposit is required on all custom orders
- Freight will be billed to your account once the item has shipped.
- Custom products cannot be returned, refunded, or cancelled.
- Use the custom quote order form on provided by customer service. A detailed quote will be provided with cost and estimated delivery time. The quote you receive will not include freight.
- Production times are estimates and may vary from 120-150 days from the time of payment receipt & order confirmation signed
- Slight variations in color and size are normal (5% variance).
- Rug should be inspected immediately upon receipt and claims for freight damage must be reported within 4 days.
CUSTOMER BEFORE DELIVERY(CBD) CUSTOMERS
- CBD Accounts: 100% of payment is required on all Fabricated rug orders before starting the order. A detailed quote will be provided with cost and estimated delivery time. The quote you will receive will not include freight.
- Payment is expected when you return the signed Fabrication Sheet
- You will receive a Freight Quote before shipping. All Freight quote is valid for 24 hours only
- Fabricated Rug orders cannot be returned, refunded, or cancelled once the order has started.
- Rug should be inspected immediately upon receipt and claims for freight damage must be reported within 4 days of delivery.
CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
BROADLOOM TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your Kaleen Carpet is Hand-Crafted. It has been produced by some of the finest artisans in India one roll at a time using only traditional hand-dying and hand-weaving techniques. These traditional techniques can result in minor irregularities in design, texture, shape and color that may vary slightly from piece to piece and roll to roll.
These minor irregularities are not defects, it’s what makes your carpet a unique work of art. All carpets undergo a multi-stage inspection process to ensure any irregularity is within manufacturing tolerances and accepted industry standards. Pattern repeats also vary with handmade construction, as such side- seaming will not produce an invisible seam nor allow for exact pattern matching where applicable.
All carpets should be re-inspected before any part of the installation process is started to ensure any irregularities or variances in design, texture, shape and color are within the customers’ reasonable expectations. No claims will be considered once cuts have been made or installation work has begun.
While Kaleen carpets are manufactured for a variety of residential applications, any specialized installations including but not limited to stairs, base board, or installations on uneven sub-flooring should be tested to ensure performance expectations are met prior to starting any installation as specialized installations are not covered under warranty.
Kaleen’s product warranty does not extend to deficiencies in the installation process that may affect appearance or performance of the carpet. Only experienced installers familiar with the challenges of handmade installations should be contracted to maximize the performance and look of your handwoven carpets.
Any carpet containing a high degree of natural fiber or tinsel fiber in its construction should be professionally dry-cleaned. Shedding is also an inevitable characteristic of natural fiber carpet. Regular vacuuming is recommended.
Shading/watermarking, pile reversal or role crush may occur with cut pile and cut and loop constructions. The occurrence of any one of these conditions is random and generally accepted in the industry as normal. As such, these are not considered to be manufacturing defects and claims will not be considered for these conditions. Normal traffic and regular vacuuming should lessen the appearance of any occurrences.
To avoid pulling and uneven wearing, the beater brush with any vacuum is not recommended and should not be used. Should pulls in the carpet fibers occur, especially in loop constructions, these should be trimmed level with the surrounding pile. Trimming pulled loops does not affect the overall construction or wear ability of the carpet and are an inevitable part of handmade construction. They are generally not considered a manufacturing defect.
Kaleen does not endorse or make any recommendations with regards to any type, thickness, or construction of padding for use with any of its broadloom collections. The use of padding is at the discretion of the customer and their personal preferences. Any padding selection should however be tested prior to final installation to ensure the clients expectations are met.
The use of padding in and of itself will have no effect on the standard warranty that comes with all Kaleen purchases. This however, does not limit or hold harmless in any way the need and requirement to have Kaleen broadloom carpets installed by a professional installer that is competent and experienced with the installation of such handmade broadloom products.
All Kaleen carpets can be fabricated into custom sized area rugs up to the maximum size of the roll offered. A sales professional can assist with options available for custom fabrications. Specifications may vary within normal industry tolerance.
MUST READ PRIOR TO ALTERING OR INSTALLING THIS CARPET
Your Kaleen Carpet is 100% Handmade.
It has been produced by some of the finest artisans in India one roll at a time using only traditional hand-dying and hand-weaving techniques. These traditional techniques can result in minor irregularities in design, texture, shape and color that may vary slightly from the original sample. These minor irregularities are not defects, it’s what makes your carpet a unique work of art.
Before this carpet is installed or altered in any way, please take a moment to inspect your carpet. If the handmade nature of your carpet does not meet your expectations, please contact your retailer.
Once this carpet has been installed or altered your acceptance of the carpet provided will be established.
Please also note, given the handmade nature of this carpet, side-seaming will NOT produce an invisible seam nor allow for exact pattern matching where applicable.